Estate planning can help you achieve a number of goals. Many people know that there’s a need for estate planning, but they don’t fully understand how an estate plan can help them prepare for the future. Take a look at the below list to learn what proper estate planning can do for you and your family. Now is the time to create a plan! If you have any questions about estate planning or if you’d like to create a plan, meet with an estate planning attorney.
Estate planning can do the following…
- Allow you to choose how your assets will be distributed after your death.
- Outline your wishes regarding important healthcare procedures and treatments.
- Allow you to choose a guardian for your minor children.
- Allow you to leave protected assets to your children for their ongoing care.
- Give you the opportunity to contribute to a charity that you respect and love.
- Make it possible to plan for the ongoing care of a furry friend.
- Give you the option to outline your funeral planning wishes ahead of time.
- Allow you to provide for a love one with special needs.
- Allow you to help a loved one reach their educational or business goals.
- Make it easier for you to pass your assets quickly to beneficiaries.
- Allow you to appoint trusted helpers who will be responsible for handling various aspects of your life, regarding your estate plan, finances, and medical wishes.
- Give you the opportunity to minimize your estate’s taxes.
- Help to ensure that your family business continues after your death.
- Allow you to plan for future care needs.
If you have yet to create an estate plan, stop putting off this important task ! Now is the time to prepare a plan for the future. If you have any additional questions about estate planning, consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.
- When a Parent Needs Medical Treatment and the Adult Children Cannot Agree, What Happens? - February 25, 2021
- The Best Way to Leave Your Estate to Your Spouse - February 23, 2021
- Protecting Your Wishes in Your Will - February 11, 2021